HongKong, being an one stop destination for all kinds of visitors, it has so much to offer. It serves exotic food for food hunters, vibrant culture and bubbling energy for the city explorers, amazing hiking trails for adventurers and loads of entertainment through its various attractions.
One is very lucky if able to tick off every single thing the country has to offer however, luxury of time, energy and money is limited and choosing one over the other is inevitable while planning trips. One such difficult decision is to chose one out of the two famous theme parks in Hongkong. Disneyland or Ocean park? Let me give you some insights about both and help you decide:
Opened in 2005, It is similar to its original in California, made up of 7 lands. It mainly aims at entertaining kids, most of the rides, say 30 out of 37 are created for toddlers. Includes luxurious accomodation and dining facilities.
Plan Your Visit:
- Opening Hours: 10:00 am – 09:00 pm
- How to get there? Dedicated MTR line: Disneyland Resort Line from Sunny Bay.
- Ticket prices:
- 1 DAY Ticket –> Adult – HK$ 619; Child(3-11 years) – HK$ 458; Senior (> 65) – HK$ 100
- 2 DAY Ticket -> Adult – HK$ 799; Child(3-11 years) – HK$ 589;Senior (> 65) – HK$ 170
- Can be done in a day however, can be a long day as the ‘Disney paint the parade’ is at 8.30 pm. Enjoying the rides, shows and parades the whole day can be hectic, specially with kids. The entire area is 68 acres and would recommend 2 days for the best experience.
Opened in 1977, is one of its kind. Major restoration was done in 2014 and is successful in attracting the current generation. There are exciting rides for adventurers, interesting animal shows and scenic cable car rides for all. There are decent and affordable restaurants and if you are lucky, can enjoy your lunch looking at penguins eat theirs! And, the special highlight of this park are the cute and adorable giant pandas!
Plan Your Visit:
- Opening Hours: 10:00 am – 08:00 pm
- How to get there? Dedicated MTR line: Island Line from Central to Admiralty (1 Stop) and from there, hop on to South Island Line (1 Stop).
- Ticket Prices: Adult – HK$ 480; Child – HK$ 240
- Can be done in a day easily. The park is huge however, if planned well, can cover all the main shows and rides in a day.
What did we do?
We spent a day in Ocean Park. We were amazed by the whole setting. The park is set in a beautiful location. It is not the rides but the backdrop that elevates the overall experience. Riding the roller-coaster while enjoying the breath taking views of the south china sea is an unmatched experience.
Pandas were busy in their hideouts and we had to go look for them every 2 hours and finally managed to see them play at 5 in the evening! Trust me, it was all worth it! Also, we were lucky to lunch at penguins restaurant while watching them fed by the volunteers.
Still unable to decide? May be these points would help you do it?
|You are travelling with kids and they are madly in love with Disney characters.||You are travelling solo, as a couple or a group of friends/family who love thrilling rides. This is the perfect stop. Ocean Park offers something for all age.|
|You are travelling with Kids, Never been to Disneyland before and don’t have plans of visiting Disneyland in other locations in near future.||You are travelling with kids and they have special love for animals. This is a must to do as there are lot of penguins, dolphins and the adorable pandas!|
|If you loved disney stories as a child, you should definitely visit and relive the moments in there.||You are travelling with Kids and have Disneyworld experience before. In that case, I would suggest you to try Ocean Park with your kids this time. Close encounter with animals, interesting marine shows would definitely give not just an enthralling experience but also educational one|